Friday, October 24, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Fun // Living Stephen

What a whirlwind week it has been for us in the Haus of Gays (yes, that's what we call our humble abode.) I recently got a new job working part-time at Urban Outfitters for the season, while still working full-time at Starbucks. As much stress that I know I will be in, I'm really excited to start a new job that interests me a lot more than making coffee all day for grouchy old people.

Luckily, Tyler and I found a day that we were able to go out to Sauvie Island in Portland. If you tell any Portlandian that you're going out to this island, a lot of people will give you a weird look and ask you why.. Mostly because part of the island is a nude beach, and when you say how pretty you thought it was, you seem to get worried glances. (Not talking from experiences, clearly..) What you should start with is that you're going out to the island to go to "The Pumpkin Patch."

This rural product market/pumpkin patch is one of the most beautiful places I have been to since moving to Portland. As you drive onto the island, you don't see much around you except for plains, trees and a couple cows. You soon roll up to a seemingly random array of homes and farms. Before you know it, you hit "The Pumpkin Patch." It's a small little patch off the road, but it holds some amazing things.. There was a hayride, farm animals, a market, and a corn maze.

Unfortunately for us, we had a late start and it had been pouring rain all day.. so we didn't do much but pick a few pumpkins. What excited me the most was the fact that you could actually go out into the pumpkin patch, and cut off the pumpkin you wanted from the actual vine. I had never seen something so beautiful before.


It was extremely muddy, so excuse Tyler's shoes.. He usually wears a lot cuter footwear. We trekked out closer to where the actual pumpkins were, walked through the pumpkins, and looked around a little bit. It really felt like fall, and I couldn't have loved it any more. Unfortunately, my camera isn't amazing, so I was only able to get a couple of snaps of the pumpkins around us, but the mountain view from across the river was jaw dropping. With the clouds floating over the hilltops, I was completely taken away (just like I am, every time I leave my living room.)


We finally picked our pumpkin (from the "already picked" section), and went our merry way. It was absolutely beautiful, and definitely got me that much more excited for Fall! I'm going to carve the shit out of my pumpkin!

Oh, and here's a little OOTD.


See you next week!

Stephen








No comments:

Post a Comment