Friday, October 17, 2014

Walking the Waterfront // Living Stephen

Hello guys!

As you probably already figured, I've been trying my best to spend a lot of time outside, enjoying nature and all of the amazing places in this city. I recently started exploring a little bit closer to where I live, and have found some of the most beautiful scenery I could have imaged. I only have to walk about for about five minutes before I walk onto the waterfront of the Willamette River. The river runs through Portland, which means it splits the East from the West and is home to diverse wildlife and plant life.

I walked down a few days ago, not really expecting to spend too much time looking at the water, but I ended up spending about two hours walking and exploring some of what this area holds. I usually only walk about as far as I know, and try to stay close to where I'm familiar, but for some reason, I felt the desire to explore a little bit more that day, and ended up going through trees upon trees. I stumbled across a couple of benches, where I stopped and sat for a little while, drinking a bit of coffee from down the street.



I continued walking and explored closer to the actual waterfront (which I'll post about in a few days, I took a lot of damn pictures). I don't think I really expected to get as excited and emotional as I actually did while I continued on the trail. I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful everything was, and how in awe I was that this was my home. I've always driven past this area, and never even stopped to see what it was.


As I made my way back home, I ran into some insane little sights (Again, I'll be posting about those later). I walked down old train tracks, that I always seem to have just past over and walked back through the fall stricken trees, back home. 


When I got back home, I really had to take a minute to realize what I just went through. I had basically fallen in love with Portland all over again, and had one of the most breathtaking days I have ever had. (I'm still not a 100% sure if I loved it, or just loved the fact that it felt like Fall, finally) Like I said before, I'll be posting a few more blog posts from this day, mostly because I took a ton of pictures, that really deserve their chance to be looked at! 

I hope all of you are enjoying Autumn so far! I'll be back to post some more later this week!

Stephen



No comments:

Post a Comment